Monday, August 16, 2010

Groove Holmes - Good Vibrations (Muse 5167)




This one showed up awhile back at the Muse blog, but the link has been dead for awhile. I requested a re-up, but I don't think it's an album in high demand, so folks aren't checking the thread. Well, between this and the one above, I decided to get my setup working, and this is the result: a no-frills, good quality, 320 KBPS rip. Sure wish somebody would reissue the originals from master.

  1. Good Vibrations
  2. Do It To It
  3. Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me
  4. My One And Only Love
  5. Hackensack
Groove Holmes - organ
Houston Person - tenor sax
Bob DeVos - guitar
Idris Muhammed - drums
Buddy Caldwell - congas

Recorded 12/19/1977
Englewood Cliffs, NJ by Rudy Van Gelder

MR 5167

2 comments:

SlimStew said...

Thanks for posting this groovy m*f*. That's a killer band.

bayviewsax-lostsoul.blogspot.com said...

Sure is. This one was a find at the time, it just worked. And the COVER!!!!